LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL — The F&D PRISM Hotel Award-winning Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort has announced an expansion of the resort catering to meeting groups. The project is expected to break ground early this fall and scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020, with group bookings beginning March 1, 2021. The new structure will be located next to the Swan Resort on the current site of the tennis courts.
The 14-story tower (renderings above) will include:
- Meeting and rooftop space – Over 22,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including two ballrooms, 12 meeting rooms and a rooftop reception space offering views of the nightly Walt Disney World fireworks
- Guestrooms – 349 guestrooms including 151 suites that feature separate working and private spaces, built-in AV system, large conference table and other features that facilitate meetings
- Outdoor space – Landscaped 16,800-sq.-ft. elevated deck with a firepit and pool
- Restaurant – 90-seat restaurant and a 50-seat lounge
- Other amenities – Health club, business center, grab-and-go market, upscale craft cocktail lobby bar, Disney benefits
“This is another significant phase for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort,” said Fred Sawyers, the resort’s General Manager. “We’re excited about the resort’s continued evolution and the new experience it will provide for our guests.”
“This new resort is designed to allow us to better meet the needs of meetings and groups,“ said Director of Sales and Marketing Gino Marasco. “Its unique new features will complement our location, recent renovation and service to give planners even more options to enjoy.”
The expansion follows a $150 million transformation of the resort’s guestrooms, lobby areas and all meeting space. Once the new tower is completed, the resort will offer more than 2,600 guestrooms and 350,000 sq. ft. of meeting space.
See the F&D 2018 SuperBook for more information on the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and its recent transformation.