Facilities & Destinations introduces a new designation for cities and convention centers: F&D SAFE SITES. Voted on by readers, these destinations and venues are going the extra mile to ensure that visiting groups are as protected as possible from COVID-19 contagion.
Criteria for cities includes:
• Citywide COVID safety programs
• CVB safe meeting support services
• Safety practices in hotels, meeting venues and transportation hubs
Criteria for convention centers includes:
• GBAC STAR or related certifications
• Staff’s sanitation practices
• Disinfection technology
• COVID safety signage
• COVID testing procedures
• Accommodations for social distancing
Following is the current list of designees (NAMES LINK TO WEBSITES). The final list will be published in the F&D Spring issue and on Facilitiesonline.com.
The ballot for F&D Safe Sites nominations can be found here.