Gateway to the Rockies
To all the meeting and event planners who are not familiar with Aurora, Colorado, take note that it is the state’s third largest city, it has one of the largest convention centers in the state, and it has the rightful claim as the “Gateway to the Rockies.” Read on about all the other reasons planners should consider Aurora for an upcoming destination – but be sure to check out Facilities & Destinations’ cover story on Aurora, Colorado, in our upcoming fall issue too!—Stella Johnson
- EASY ACCESS: Aurora is only minutes from Denver International Airport (DEN), the 3rd busiest airport in the country, with nonstop service to more than 215 global destinations. Aurora’s light rail, buses, and ride-sharing options make getting around the city a breeze.
- PLENTY OF PLACES TO STAY: With more than 75 hotel properties, Aurora has it all, from full-service, brand-name properties to locally-owned boutique hotels
- HOME TO COLORADO’S LARGEST RESORT AND CONVENTION CENTER: Opened in 2018, the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center is the largest in Colorado, with 1,501 guest rooms, 517,000+ total square feet of event space, and eight dining options
- A HUB OF INNOVATION: Home of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora excels in the fields of medical advancement and technology and is expected to keep growing as a leader in the medical community. Boeing and Panasonic also call Aurora home, and the city is full of thriving locally-owned businesses, restaurants, and more.
- INTERNATIONAL EATS: Aurora’s 300+ independently owned and operated eateries span a variety of digs, from Korean barbecue to Mexican taquerias and so much more.
- OFF THE BEATEN PATH: As Colorado’s third-largest city (and the country’s 49th largest), Aurora has the resources to accommodate large and small groups while offering unique offsite experiences not found anywhere else.
- SURROUNDED BY NATURE: Aurora has 113 parks, 98 miles of trails, and 8,000 acres of open space to explore, allowing groups to fit in some Colorado adventure without having to venture too far away.
- GATEWAY TO THE ROCKIES: Aurora is the first city to welcome visitors to the beautiful Rocky Mountains, where they can discover hiking, biking, climbing, or just taking in the fresh mountain air.
- THRIVING ARTS AND CULTURE SCENE: The Aurora Cultural Arts District is bursting with creative performances at the historic Aurora Fox Arts Center and The People’s Building. New murals line Colfax Avenue and tell stories of Aurora’s community and growth in the local art scene.
- THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN COLORADO: With more than 160 languages spoken, Aurora is a true melting pot of cultures. Recognized as one of the most diverse cities in the nation, one in five residents of Aurora is foreign-born. Aurora is one of a handful of cities in the US that provide resources and support for immigrants and refugees to not only integrate but to thrive in their community.
2501 Dallas Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010