Inventor of the Cronut® and award-winning pastry chef Dominique Ansel welcomed guests to his new bakery on the Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS ( Oct. 24, 2022) – Creative confectionaries, decadent desserts, and, of course, the Cronut® have arrived at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas at Caesars Palace. James Beard Award-winning pastry chef Dominique Ansel has opened his bake shop and introduced his only-in-Vegas “Lucky 7” collection, Cookie Shots, Frozen S’mores, the Cronut® flavor of the month, and more to the resort.
Dominique Ansel Las Vegas officially opened its doors on Friday, Oct. 21, to excited guests, including the first four customers who drove to Las Vegas overnight from Southern California and lined up at 6 a.m. The first 100 people received a special gift to celebrate the occasion. Chef Dominique Ansel and Caesars Entertainment executives were joined by a traditional Caesars Palace Royal Court procession to unveil the bakery. The group ceremonially toasted with Chef’s signature Cookie Shots to commemorate the opening.
“Chef Dominique Ansel is one of the most esteemed pastry chefs in the world,” said Caesars Entertainment Regional President Sean McBurney. “The opening of his bakery has been a long time coming. His creations are the perfect addition to our extraordinary culinary offerings at Caesars Palace.”
Chef Dominique Ansel has created signature pastries exclusively for Caesars Palace, including a Cronut® flavor that changes each month and never repeats. The first featured Cronut® flavor is Lucky Cherry Chambord and Caramelia. Available through Nov. 30, the pastry is filled with cherry Chambord jam and Valrhona Caramelia (caramelized milk chocolate) ganache.
“I’m so thrilled to finally bring Dominique Ansel Las Vegas to life and have a home here at Caesars Palace,” said Chef Dominique Ansel. “We’ve been so honored and humbled to welcome guests from all around the world. For each of our shops, we strive to make each menu unique, and we hope our ‘Lucky 7’ pastry collection will bring some good fortune to everyone here. I can’t wait to share what we have planned for our future menu creations.”
Exclusively available at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas, the “Lucky 7” collection symbolizes good fortune and includes:
- Lucky Penny Pig – Milk chocolate crémeux, homemade raspberry jam, and salted peanut feuilletine are sandwiched between vanilla sablé cookies to create a pig, which is topped with a lucky gilded chocolate penny.
- Ladybug – Elderflower mascarpone mousse, fresh strawberry compote, strawberry gelée, fluffy chiffon cake, and a lychee meringue make up a mini garden watering can, which is finished with a tiny chocolate ladybug.
- Goldfish – Tropical flavors of calamansi coconut mousse, fresh diced mango, mango passionfruit gelée, and coconut dacquoise make up a goldfish, complete with hand-painted white chocolate fins.
- Four-Leaf Clover – Coffee mousse topped with hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate crémeux, and crispy feuilletine create a four-leaf clover.
- Fortune Cookie – A sablé Breton base is topped with jasmine tea crémeux and lemon curd. A white chocolate “fortune” sticks out of the cookie, wishing luck in Las Vegas.
- Feather – A vanilla sablé cookie is topped with chestnut mousse, banana jam, orange marmalade and banana cake and is garnished with a white chocolate feather.
- Evil Eye Éclair – A classic French éclair is filled with cassis jam and Valrhona Caramelia whipped ganache.
Guests can also enjoy several of Chef Dominique’s signature creations, from the best-selling DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann) to Cookie Shots, Frozen S’mores and baked-to-order Mini Madeleines. In addition, a selection of classic French croissants and viennoiserie will be baked fresh daily, made with Beurre d’Isigny butter and Les Grands Moulins des Paris flour imported from France.
Dominique Ansel Las Vegas at Caesars Palace spans more than 1,100 square feet and features cafe-style seating for 20 people. Open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily; the bakery is next to Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill. For more information, visit caesars.com/caesars-palace/