WASHINGTON, DC — The Events Industry Council (EIC) has released the Resources for Destinations Accepted Practices Guide for Convention and Visitors Bureaus and Destination Marketing Organizations (CVBs/DMOs). It is the newest work by EIC’s APEX COVID-19 Business Recovery Task Force.
The EIC states that the new guide:
• Maps the event journey in a destination;
• Provides key planning questions for CVBs/DMOs and event organizers;
• Provides crisis communications resources and worksheet;
• Discusses the transforming role of CVBs/DMOs, convention centers and major venues during COVID-19;
• Links to global and regional pandemic communication resources; and
• Offers a look inside CVB/DMO practices.
According to Amy Calvert, CEO of EIC, “Destination management organizations (CVBs) will continue to play a pivotal role in our recovery and remain an essential voice in this conversation as industry professionals across the globe seek to better understand the safety protocols, alliances and external factors needed to host in-person and hybrid events to rebuild our industry.”
“This guide is the result of a global collaboration,” added Destinations working group Chair David Kliman, CMM, President, The Kliman Group. “We’re grateful to the more than 50 global destinations whose practices and policies were reviewed, summarized and curated for inclusion as part of this most recent resource.”
The APEX COVID-19 Business Recovery Task Force is led by Co-chairs Michael Dominguez, President and CEO, Associated Luxury Hotels International, and Kristin Horstman, Senior Director, Strategic Events, Salesforce.